As a side project, I’m developing KustGame a mobile video game where you can :
- personnalize the player
- add custom pictures
- add special messages
The idea came when looking for a original way to offer a gift to my girlfriend : she had to finish the game to get the message indicating where was hidden the gift.
In order to have quickly a product to sell, I used :
- GameMaker, since the software allowing you to develop quickly and easily a game compatible with iOS, Android, windows, html5
- Mobirize, to create the static homepage without the need of knowing HTML (for free).
- Plain PHP without framework to develop the simple backend (no Java, no Symfony)
- Shared host
- jQuery to add nice interactions in the customize form (no angular, no backbone)
- PayPal for its simple API (NVP)
The aim of that version is to be as simple as possible and to test if there is a market.
The video game is planned to be sell before Christmas and published on the AppStore (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android). By the way, Christmas is in 7 days, so the deadline is imminent.